Wednesday, April 6, 2005

Atlanta, Georgia

From Atlanta‘s WXIA11.com of April 5, 2005
Father Shoots, Injures Intruder

An Atlanta man says he shot an intruder into his home to protect his daughter.

Amos Evans said his home has been broken into three times over the last two months.

Evans said his home was again broken into Tuesday morning while his 7-year-old daughter was taking a bath.

“I heard some glass break and I thought maybe she fell or hurt herself in the bathroom, so I ran in there and when I looked to my left I saw this guy who had busted the glass and was coming through my apartment,” Evans said.

"I asked him to stop, he didn't stop, I ran in my room got my gun, cocked it, and got off one shot,” he said.

Atlanta police say the intruder fled after being shot in the chest. He was later found near Daniel and Gartrell streets.

Investigators said the shooting was justified and Evans will not face charges.

No comments:

Post a Comment