Saturday, August 20, 2005

New Port Richey, Florida

From the August 13, 2005 Tampa Tribune:
Gerard Taylor was at home, playing his guitar upstairs, when he heard noises coming from downstairs Friday.

``That's when I got my gun,'' the 60-year-old said.

He went downstairs about 2 p.m. to find a young man standing in his kitchen.

A few minutes before, the intruder apparently had pried open the back door of the Jasmine Drive home with a pitchfork he took from the toolshed.

``We just looked at each other for a second,'' Taylor said.

The intruder turned and ran. Taylor aimed and fired a single shot with a .38-caliber handgun. The man was hit in the leg as he headed out the back door.

``I ran down the street in my underwear chasing him with a gun in my hand,'' Taylor said.

The intruder stumbled as he ran to a car that was pulling away from the house. Taylor took aim again, then fired into the car's trunk.

``I could have killed him, easily,'' Taylor said.

No comments:

Post a Comment