Friday, September 30, 2005

Corpus Christi, Texas

From Corpus Christi‘s KRIStv.com of September 30, 2005
Homeowner shoots burglary suspect

A homeowner, who was stabbed during an early morning burglary, shoots the suspect.

"He came at me again, and I shot him...I shot him three times," said Danny Dunn. The attempted burglary and shooting happened in the 2200 block of Gershwin Lane, just before 6:00 a.m. Thursday morning. 6 News talked to the injured homeowner, who said he wasn't going down without a fight.

Dunn said he was on his way to work and walked out into his garage area, when he saw the burglar going through some of his belongings. He said he shouted out and asked him what he was doing and that's when the burglar attacked.

"He came at me with a knife, he cut me on the hand, and on the face, I took 49 stitches total," Dunn said. Danny said the burglar then tried to get out the same way he came in by crawling underneath his garage door, which was cracked open but couldn't get out. Scared, Danny ran inside his home and grabbed his 22 caliber rifle and came back.

"He had pushed the garage door opener and it went down, trapping him, he come at me again, and I shot him...I shot him three times," Dunn said. He said he left behind this trail of blood before falling to the ground just outside the garage.

"He flopped around out here for a while, and he wouldn't stay down, like I told him, I told him I was going to kill him, and I should have." Danny said the burglar was able to make a getaway by opening the garage door, but it wasn't a clean one, the suspect apparently left his prints behind.

Police said it didn't take long for them to catch up with suspect, 22-year-old Daniel Holcomb was arrested at the hospital where were told he was being treated for gun shot wounds to his arm, leg and pelvis.

"This is one home owner that you ain't going to mess with; I'll take the next one down too."

No comments:

Post a Comment