Monday, January 16, 2006

Orange County, North Carolina

From Raleigh’s ABC11tv.com of January 16, 2006
Home Owner Shoots Would Be Robbers

Two Orange County women are recovering from bullet wounds after surviving a violent home invasion.

It began early Monday morning on Lipscomb Grove Church Road when two suspects kicked in the front door of a home, and shot the two women watching TV inside.

Marjorie Whitted, 50, and her 27-year-old daughter, Vicky both suffered bullet wounds to their legs.

Carlton Whitted, 62, was in the bedroom when the men broke in. "They be saying I been shot I been shot." P> The suspects tried to push their way into Carlton's bedroom but Carlton had other plans. "I seen my rifle sitting in the corner I reached and grabbed it and I turned the door loose." Whitted says he shot both men in the back as they tried to escape. "I was going to shoot them in the head that's when the bullets gave out to clicking. I went in there and reloaded and I don't know which way they went."

The shooters got away. Investigators used K9 units to track them.

The suspects turned up at Duke University Medical Center for their bulled wounds.

Whitted is just grateful his wife and daughter weren't seriously hurt. "I don't know what they were wanting."

No comments:

Post a Comment