Sunday, December 10, 2006

Columbus, Ohio

From Columbus’ NBC4i.com of December 9, 2006
Man Shot During Apparent Home Invasion

Bullet holes in a wall and door mark the struggle that took place during an apparent home invasion on the city's south side.

Investigators said three men with a gun forced their way inside a home on Lockbourne Road Friday night, NBC 4's Ana Jackson reported.

Resident Elaine Solomon said she was baking cookies when she heard a knock on the door.

“Me and my daughter were in the kitchen making gingerbread men when somebody knocked on the door,” Solomon said.

She said she answered the door, but didn’t recognize the man knocking.

“I see the face and I was like, ‘I don’t know you,’ ” she said

That’s when Solomon said three men with at least one gun forced their way inside, Jackson reported.

“All I remember is an arm coming over and seeing the gun,” she said. “I was scared. I didn’t know what to do. I thought he was going to shoot us.”

But Solomon’s boyfriend heard the intrusion from a back bedroom and fought back.

“I just got my pistol and came around the corner,” said Red Evans. “That’s where they were pushing her through and I just started shooting.”

Evans said he shot one of the intruders and chased them from the house, Jackson reported.

Minutes later, police said they received a report from a house on nearby Ohio Avenue.

A man there had been shot, but people who lived at the home didn’t know who he was, police said.

Investigators said the same man may have been one of the suspects in the home invasion, Jackson reported.

No comments:

Post a Comment